International City/County Management Association (ICMA) Student Chapter
ICMA Student Chapter Executive Board
2018-2019 Academic Year
Vice President- Robert Austin
Treasurer- Allyson Beetham
Senator- Corey Correll
Faculty Advisor- Dr. Thomas Barth
Statement of Purpose: The purpose of this organization shall be to:
- Introduce and integrate students to the local government management profession.
- Familiarize students with ICMA, the premier local government management association, its members, resources, and policies.
- Establish connections between local government management theories, practices, and applications through tangible and actual examples.
- Act as liaison to the Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG).
- Act as liaison to the MPA Alumni Group.
- Act as liaison to the MPA Student Group.
- Serve as a network and resource for MPA Program students and for rising graduates interested in Local Government and Public Administration.
- Work to enhance the MPA Program in the UNC Charlotte, Charlotte metropolitan, and national communities.
We are excited to sponsor several community service projects and volunteer opportunities as well as social engagements giving all MPA students the chance to network with one another in a casual, friendly atmosphere. More details about all of the planned events and community service opportunities will be emailed as they are finalized.
For other UNC Charlotte events, check out the Center for Graduate Life website.
Graduate Student Travel Funding
GPSG sets aside a certain amount of its funding each year to help Graduate Students travel to academic and professional conferences that benefit their education while positively representing UNC Charlotte at these events.
The travel funding guidelines and deadlines for funding applications can be found at the GPSG Travel Funding website.
https://icma.org/news for staying up-to-date on all ICMA news.
There are various job boards to aid in your career search can be found at https://icma.org/job-posts.