The purpose of the MPASG is to represent the Master of Public Administration Program in the following ways:
- Act as liaison to the Graduate and Professional Student Government.
- Act as liaison to the MPA Alumni Group.
- Serve as a network and resource for MPA Program students and for rising graduates interested in Public Administration.
- Work to enhance the MPA Program in the UNC Charlotte, Charlotte metropolitan, and national communities.
The MPASG welcomes all MPA students to our monthly meetings and sponsored events. MPASG meets in the fourth floor conference rooms in the Political Science Department of the Fretwell Building.
We are excited to sponsor several community service projects and volunteer opportunities as well as social engagements giving all MPA students the chance to network with one another in a casual, friendly atmosphere. More details about all of the planned events and community service opportunities will be emailed as they are finalized. Here is a list of some that are happening soon:
Thursday, October 20th, 2016 at 5:30-6:15
Thursday, November 17th, 2016 at 5:30-6:15
For other UNC Charlotte events, check out the Center for Graduate Life website.
Internships and Employment
There are various job boards to aid in your career search, including the areas of:
- Arts Adminitration
- Emergency Management
- Nonprofit Management
These helpful tools can be found here.
Graduate Student Travel Funding
GPSG sets aside a certain amount of its funding each year to help Graduate Students travel to academic and professional conferences that benefit their education while positively representing UNC Charlotte at these events. The deadlines for funding applications are as follows:
If the first day of your conference/symposium falls within October 1st and December 31st:
- Application window: from August 15th until August 31st.
- Notification of Approval/Denial of travel funds: September 10th.
If the first day of your conference/symposium falls within January 1st and May 31st:
- Application window: from November 1st until November 15th.
- Notification of Approval/Denial of travel funds: December 1st.
If the first day of your conference/symposium falls within June 1st and September 30th:
- Application window: from April 1st until April 15th.
- Notification of Approval/Denial of travel funds: May 1st.
For additional information on travel funding guidelines and how to apply, click here.
2016-2017 UNC Charlotte MPA Student Group Executive Board
Samuel Smith-Vice President
Prof. Zachary Mohr
|Prof. Suzanne Leland
ICMA Faculty Advisor